As a science company responsible for testing innovative products, UL strives to ensure that its internal systems demonstrate innovation and sustainability. For many years, vendor invoices were scanned and stored in a third-party imaging application that was isolated from Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS). Invoices were manually keyed into Oracle Accounts Payable.
UL selected WebCenter AP Imaging to automate its global AP business processes and reduce manual data entry. UL’s specific goals were to:
- Meet the diverse needs of an international Accounts Payable enterprise;
- Reduce manual data entry with WFR’s intelligent data extraction and Object Content Recognition (OCR);
- Automate manual exception processing to decrease overall processing time;
- Introduce systemic routing for supplier maintenance and information requests;
- Leverage a single content repository; and
- Enable authorized users world-wide to access invoices directly from within EBS
Following an unsuccessful attempt to implement Oracle WebCenter, UL sought a new partner to assist in fulfilling its business objectives.
AST truly came to our rescue in reviving our implementation of the WebCenter AP Solution. Previously, we had not succeeded. Now, with AST’s help, we are set in the right direction for an effective global solution for all of our business units.”
Accounts Payable Disbursements Manager, UL LLC
Solutions & Benefits
AST successfully transformed the client’s Accounts Payable processing with a global solution, leveraging a shared, enterprise-level infrastructure built on Oracle WebLogic. The solution supports American, European, and Asian E-Business Suite entities, in addition to multiple currencies and tax regulations:
Invoices are scanned so that WebCenter Forms Recognition can extract data and create invoices in Oracle AP, drastically reducing manual data entry. Invoices are then identified by business entity and AP processor so they can be routed for approval or supplier maintenance using enhanced AP workflows. Invoice images, stored in a central repository, are available as links in EBS for easy access.
The key benefits realized by UL, in partnership with AST, include:
- Increased efficiency in processing times and exception resolutions;
- Improved visibility and elimination of processing bottlenecks;
- Achievement of additional early payment discounts;
- Easy viewing of invoice images due to seamless integration with E-Business Suite;
- Effective revival of a previously unsuccessful project.
- Oracle WebCenter Content
- Oracle WebCenter Imaging
- Oracle Document Capture
- Oracle WebCenter Forms Recognition (WFR)
- Oracle E-Business Suite
- Oracle Application Adapters
- Oracle SOA/BPM Suite
- Oracle WebLogic Server
- Oracle Database Server
Why AST ?
AST’s deep knowledge of Oracle WebCenter has enabled UL to nearly eliminate
paper processing, accommodate complex global business needs, and deliver
significant cost savings.