The Javits Center is one of the largest and busiest convention centers in the United States. Each year, more than 35,000 companies choose it as their preferred venue. The Center was operating on an antiquated, paper-based ordering system supported by its legacy database system. This structure challenged its ability to effectively do business and deteriorated the customer experience, resulting in:
- Extended order processing time;
- Inefficiency and lack of productivity of its workforce;
- Lack of real-time visibility into the order processing and invoicing cycles; and
- Poor customer experiences with a low engagement rate.
The legacy system was proving to be inefficient and costly, destabilizing the Center’s business processes.
AST’s implementation of a specialized convention center solution for Javits overcame the unique business challenges the client was experiencing and has vastly improved the customer experience they deliver.”Colin Warren Senior Practice Director, AST LLC
Solutions & Benefits
The Javits Center chose to partner with AST because of our specialized solutions focusing on critical customer needs. AST leveraged Oracle CPQ as the platform to build out a fully-integrated, end-to-end solution designed to improve the customer experience. With Oracle CPQ at the core, AST provided a customer-facing Quoting and Order Entry Portal, dubbed ‘Jake’ by the Javits team. The portal enabled its exhibitors, general contractors and event organizers with an easy way to navigate and order simple or complex services. New orders are created, credit card payments captured, and full integration with the Oracle EBS system ensures proper invoicing and general accounting functions.
AST’s team of implementation consultants, developers, and leadership partnered with the Javits team to implement a modern system that is more efficient and productive, providing the following benefits:
- Reduced time in preparing complete, technically accurate quotes;
- Consistent quotes based on customer criteria;
- Increased time to build relationships with customers for quicker closing;
- Integration with ERP, providing a single view of customer data;
- Improved efficiency for direct sales and partners with real-time visibility into the system; and
- A single, centralized system.
- Oracle CPQ Cloud
- Oracle EBS Accounts Receivable (AR)
- Oracle EBS Order Management (OM)
- Custom Portal
As a result of its partnership with AST and this successful engagement, The Javits Center is now more capable of managing its massive volume of business with an automated, fully-integrated system, resulting in higher quality customer relationships and significant time and cost savings.