The Electric Power Board of Chattanooga (EPB) had been working with an antiquated and siloed ERP system for all of its finance, HR, and payroll processes. The severely aged and disjointed software required time-consuming, manual processes across departments, lacked appropriate tracking and reporting capabilities, and was costing the organization significant resources to maintain.
EPB sought a single, integrated cloud solution to replace its outdated enterprise systems. The primary objectives of the project included:
- Automation of multiple manual processes across core departments
- Improved tracking of inventory and purchasing requisitions
- Enhanced reporting capabilities
- Key integration across departments
- Significant reduction in maintenance and upkeep of enterprise systems
- Employee self-service capabilities
- High security from internal and external vulnerabilities
AST has been very helpful in driving the project forward and assisting EPB staff with staying on task.Steve Dover Project Manager, EPB Chattanooga
Solutions & Benefits
EPB chose AST as its implementation partner for this engagement after a highly competitive procurement process. During this 15-month project, AST provided a robust, integrated ERP software set, combining finance, procurement, and HR into one modern, integrated solution with enhanced security.
In order to enhance the security of the solution, AST demonstrated that by adding Oracle Identity Cloud Service (IDCS) and Oracle Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB), the new system would be even better protected from intrusion by external and internal threats. EPB now operates on a highly secure, fully integrated, modern cloud ERP solution, resulting in the following key benefits for the organization:
- Processes are automated and integrated across HR, finance, and procurement, increasing efficiency and improving business operations.
- Installation, patches, ongoing maintenance, upgrades, monitoring, and backup /recovery are managed by Oracle Cloud Operations, greatly reducing EPB’s spend on these activities.
- Information used in the EPB system is protected, and stakeholders are confident in the organization’s ability to maintain the integrity of information.
- Oracle ERP Cloud
- General Ledger
- Accounts Payable
- Advanced Procurement
- Oracle Planning and Budgeting Cloud Service
- Oracle Identity Cloud Service
- Oracle CASB Cloud Service
AST’s expertise ensured a successful implementation of Oracle ERP Cloud, providing EPB greater efficiencies, cost savings, and overall improved business operations, resulting in greater customer and employee satisfaction.