Though SunCoke Energy had already been using Oracle’s world-class Cloud Purchasing, Cloud Inventory, and Cloud Financials applications, users lacked full understanding of the Oracle Cloud modules. With only minimal training and knowledge transfer, employees were required to write and execute test scripts on their own, leading to incorrect execution of test scripts, misleading and erroneous results, and a significant backlog of issues.
SunCoke Energy sought to centralize its Cloud Applications and gain more understanding, leading to greater efficiency and improved business operations. Primary objectives included:
- Streamlined processes related to manufacturing, material planning, and procurement and resource usage
- Elimination of inefficiencies due to unavailable and untimely data
- Access to real-time production, material management, and accounting information for Plant Controllers and other SMEs
I wanted to thank you for all your hard work on pulling together the reports training… you put a lot of work into developing and delivering the training and I’ve heard very good feedback about the reports training from users.”
Vice President and Controller, SunCoke Energy
Solutions & Benefits
AST leveraged its decades of experience helping clients maximize their investments in Oracle technology to provide SunCoke Energy with a solution that enables it to focus on value-add activities, instead of maintenance and remedial tasks. Using Oracle Cloud best practices, AST enabled SunCoke to operate at its full potential, and gain access to accurate data and enhanced dashboards. The client has realized a complete transformation of its Cloud Application utilization, including:
- Seamless integration of production, procurement, material planning, and project management with the finance department;
- Enablement of Plant Controllers to drill through transactional data to monitor changes in material costs;
- More detailed inventory valuation;
- Simplified and streamlined procurement processes for raw materials; and
- Timely supply of raw materials to the shop floor.
Industry: Utility and Energy
- Oracle ERP Cloud Financials
- Oracle Cloud Purchasing
- Oracle Cloud Inventory
- Oracle Cloud Financials (GL, AP, AR, FA)
- Oracle Cloud Manufacturing
- Oracle Cloud Landed Cost Management
Why AST ?
AST’s deep knowledge of Oracle Cloud solutions enabled appropriate training, documentation,
and tools for SunCoke to fully adopt its system and maximize its investment, resulting in
enhanced business operations and a unified manufacturing process across all locations.