LA Metro had been following a manual invoice process that was inefficient, labor-intensive, and time consuming. The agency needed to take advantage of early payment discounts and reduce overall invoice processing costs. LA Metro sought to automate its invoicing operations and adopt best practices with a state-of-the-art solution. Its specific goals were to:
- Move the scan process from post-voucher entry to a preliminary process to eliminate reliance on paper;
- Reduce manual data entry;
- Automate manual exception processing to decrease overall processing time;
- Leverage one repository to manage content, rather than storing content in an unsecured file share or the E-Business Suite Database; and
- Replace the file share path reference in E-Business Suite with a URL link to the invoice, allowing any authorized user to access invoice documents from the repository through E-Business Suite or other user interfaces.
LA Metro is extremely happy with the AST staff for building a high-quality solution for Oracle technology-based AP Automation. This implementation will help LA Metro automatically and efficiently process 100% of its invoices and will provide significant cost savings.”
LA Metro Systems Project Manager
Solutions & Benefits
AST offered LA Metro years of expertise in solving unique Mass Transit business problems and a solution with a common, shared, enterprise-level infrastructure built on Oracle Exalogic – a private cloud environment hosted by LA Metro. The client has been able to automate its AP processes with Oracle WebCenter, eliminating inefficient manual data entry and automating workflows.
Key benefits include:
- Achievement of additional early payment discounts
- Increased efficiency in processing times and exception resolutions
- Improved visibility into, and elimination of, processing bottlenecks
- Analysis of completed invoice processing through metadata-based repository searches
- Seamless integration with E-Business Suite for quick viewing of invoice images
- Foundation for retaining/disposing of AP documents using Oracle Records Management
Industry: Mass Transit
- Oracle WebCenter Content
- Oracle WebCenter Imaging
- Oracle Document Capture
- Oracle WebCenter Forms Recognition
- Oracle WebCenter Content Application Adapters
- Oracle SOA/BPM Suite
- Oracle WebLogic Server
- Oracle Database Server
Why AST ?
AST’s deep domain knowledge in Transit helped transform AP invoice management at LA Metro
by providing the client with greater visibility, retention policies, quicker invoice processing, and
more control of the entire invoice process.