The City of Detroit enlisted AST in 2014 to implement a fully functional transformation of its financial operations, including replacement of legacy financial management systems and restructuring of the City’s financial functions. This was done to fulfill the City’s bankruptcy exit criteria. AST successfully enabled the City to meet its objective, which was to build a high-functioning financial foundation to support the City’s current and future goals.
In order to continue to fully leverage its IT investment and effectively address future challenges, the City needed a skilled partner to provide ongoing support and process improvements for the modernized financial platform.
We’re extremely pleased today with the go-live of such a transformational project. AST did a great job of engaging and integrating with the City of Detroit’s Project team throughout the project, enabling the city users to be ready Day 1 of the new system.
Chief Deputy CFO/Finance Director, City of Detroit
Solutions & Benefits
AST had built a relationship with the City based on multiple successful implementations. In turn, the City chose to support its Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system using a flexible support model from AST. AST Managed Services now provides the ongoing support and process improvements needed to enable the City to maximize its Oracle investment and evolve with the changing business landscape.
A value-added support model maximizes ROI and provides SLA compliance. With AST’s hybrid 24X7 on-shore/off-shore delivery model, we ensure an optimized, customizable cost. Our proactive approach and proven methodologies simplify and accelerate the application upgrade process through risk minimization and mitigation, while allowing for detailed cutover planning with minimal business disruption.
AST’s Managed Services agreement with the City of Detroit includes the following services:
- Unique service strategy and Service Level Agreement (SLA) management to meet specific City requirements
- Day-to-day support and assistance for users
- Bi-yearly upgrade
- Configuration changes, patch/release testing, and monthly patch analysis
- Implementation of new features and functionalities
- Performance of training needs assessments with defined and measurable objectives
- Maintenance and delivery of training
Industry: State & Local Government
- Oracle Financials Cloud Service
- Oracle Procurement Cloud Service
- Oracle Project Portfolio Cloud
- Oracle Planning & Budgeting Cloud Service
- Oracle SOA and WebLogic Suite
Why AST ?
The City of Detroit and AST have developed a strong partnership, working together to maintain the integrity of the City’s Oracle Applications. AST’s 24x7x365 approach to Managed Services has allowed the City to improve performance without disrupting ongoing operations.