As a result of its fiscal distress and bankruptcy exit criteria, the City required a full functional transformation of its financial operations, including replacement of legacy financial management systems and restructuring of the City’s financial functions. The objective was to build a high-functioning financial foundation to support the City’s current and future goals and objectives.
The City’s primary goals for business transformation included the following:
- Reduce System Complexity & Long-term TCO;
- Implement Best Practices;
- Standardize Business Processes;
- Eliminate Customizations;
- Improve System Management;
- Eliminate Shadow Systems and Retire Legacy Systems;
- Improve Efficiency and Automation;
- Realize a Successful Implementation.
We’re extremely pleased today with the go-live of such a transformational project. AST did a great job of engaging and integrating with the City of Detroit’s Project team throughout the project, enabling the city users to be ready Day 1 of the new system.”
Chief Deputy CFO/Finance Director, City of Detroit
Solutions & Benefits
AST was selected as Oracle’s highly-recommended vendor of choice for this transformation—the first large municipality in North America to implement Oracle Cloud ERP and EPM. The Applications were implemented using AST’s EDM methodology, which consists of a multi-wave approach, in order to accommodate the City’s preferences to synchronize the go-live phases by functional areas to add efficiency and reduce project risk.
The Oracle Applications are hosted in the cloud, and Oracle is responsible for creating, maintaining, and patching instances, and maintaining uptime based on the City’s service level agreements, allowing the City to achieve reduced costs, less paperwork, greater data accuracy and increased self-service access.
Industry: State & Local Government
- Oracle Planning & Budgeting Cloud
- Oracle Financials Cloud Service
- Oracle Procurement Cloud Service
- Oracle Project Portfolio Cloud
- Oracle SOA and WebLogic Suite
- Oracle Transactional Business Intelligence
Why AST ?
AST presented the City with the best combination of skills and software to meet its objectives,
improve data integrity, and increase productivity. The City of Detroit and AST have an ongoing
trusted partnership for the roll-out of additional functionality.